18021 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
CAC - Canfor (BC14) Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it's a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy-so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We're especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do. General Information
The Accounts Payable Coordinator position is a temporary (15 month) position that is responsible for processing full cycle accounts payable. This includes invoice processing and payments for multiple divisions. The ideal candidate will have solid working experience in accounts payable in addition to strong organization skills, high level of motivation and excellent two way communication skills. This position requires the ability to work both independently and in a close team environment to ensure all invoicing is handled efficiently and accurately. Responsibilities
- Full cycle accounts payable processing. Including both invoice processing, three way match to PO and payment functions.
- Investigate and communicate differences with both internal and external resources.
- Coordination of large volume of invoices and multiple division transactions to ensure all posting is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate and timely payments to vendors.
- Balance and maintain posting records.
- Reconciliation of vendor transactions on an as needed basis.
- Mailroom support and invoice distribution
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
- Accounts payable experience (two year minimum).
- Enrollment in recognized accounting program or equivalent accounting experience is an asset.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word).
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Job Segment:
Accounts Payable, Temporary, Social Media, Sustainability, Mailroom, Finance, Contract, Marketing, Energy, Operations