JYSK is one of the world's leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers. First established in Denmark in 1979, JYSK operates retail stores which sell everything for your home throughout Europe and internationally and are now present across 51 countries with over 2,900 stores.
Although JYSK today is a global business, the company is managed based on its Scandinavian roots. This reflects in JYSK's company culture and the way it does business.
The first Canadian JYSK store was opened in Coquitlam, BC in 1996. Today, JYSK operates 61 stores across Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec.
JYSK Canada is currently seeking an Account Payable Clerk
to join its growing finance department. The position will be based in our head office in Coquitlam.Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Receive and verify invoices comply with financial policies and procedures including approvals and department allocations
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry and post invoices
- Reconcile vendor statements to accounts payable sub ledger
- Assist in month-end processing and expense accruals
- Process credit card expense, cash reimbursement, and other month end package from operations.
- Field queries from staff and vendors concerning AP and expense
- Investigate and resolve issues; follow up with colleagues, vendors, department heads and store managers as needed
- Processing up to 50 invoices per day
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Strong knowledge of the Accounts Payable cycle
What We Offer
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications (Navision is preferred)
- Proficient in data entry and management
- 2-4 years accounts payable and general accounting experience
- Work well in a computer environment with strong MS Office skills particularly with Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Speaking French is an asset
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong organizational skills
- Experience and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
More Great Information!
- Competitive Pay
- Benefit Package
- Colleague Discount
- Opportunities for Learning & Career Advancement
- A fun and respectful workplace
Thanks for your interest in JYSK! Due to a high volume of applications, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you haven't done so already, please follow us on Twitter for the latest career opportunities at JYSK:https://twitter.com/JyskCANCareers Best of luck with your search! Follow us online for MORE opportunities!
JYSK Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, transfer, promotion and all other conditions of employment. As a company, we have developed l programs and policies that address and recognize our objective to ensure that our work environment remains free of discrimination and harassment of any kind and promotes and recognizes the diverse backgrounds of our Colleagues. JYSK Canada will accommodate both internal and external applications throughout the hiring process.
All employment decisions at JYSK are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended. We consider all applications on the basis of individual qualification for the particular position and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic.
JYSK Canada is committed to the value of equal employment opportunity for all Colleagues and the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.