Accounts Clerk, Broadmead Care Position Classification
ABC Access Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$23.81-$26.37 per hour Close Date
7/31/2021 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Other Public Sector Ministry Branch / Division
Veterans Memorial Lodge, Broadmead Care Job Summary ***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the directions below*** Accounts ClerkHourly Wage:
$23.81-$26.37 per hourLocation:
Veterans Memorial Lodge -- SaanichPosition # / Schedule:
88758 - Mon-Fri (35 hours per week)Status:
Regular Full Time; 1.00 FTECompetition #:
2021-91** Broadmead Care will accommodate up to 1.3 FTE for multi-site employees **
As the Accounts Clerk, you will report to the Finance Supervisor, and provide a wide variety of financial and accounts processing services including accounts payable and accounts receivable review and data entry, supplier and resident setup, cheque production, cash management, contract management and maintaining supplier files.DUTIES:
- Auditing a wide variety of invoices and financial transactions to ensure correct calculations and account coding, appropriate budgetary authority and required supporting documentation is provided;
- Data entry of financial transactions with speed and accuracy;
- Dealing directly with a wide variety of clients and contacts to exchange information and resolve related problems;
- Set up and maintenance of supplier master files in the financial system;
- Managing and reconciling petty cash and daily receipts;
- Maintenance and filing of supplier documentation/files; and
- Production & distribution of payments.
- Prepare invoices for the resident per diem amounts to outside agencies such as VAC, Social Services, etc.
- Completes the month end closing procedures.
- Establishes and maintains files for accounts receivable supporting documents as required.
- Maintains a subsidiary ledger for accounts receivable in PointClickCare by setting up accounts for each client and updating as appropriate.
- Ensuring that "preauthorized debits" are established for each account and the monthly electronic funds transfer is processed.
- Other related duties as required.
***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the directions below*** Job Category
- Successful completion of Grade 12 required; completion of the 1st year in a business or accounting program (college) preferred;
- Proven clerical experience with a minimum of 3 years working in a bookkeeping/accounting environment performing accounts payable and receivable functions, reconciliations, and working with general ledgers and cash;
- Knowledge of, and experience using, accounting programs, spreadsheets, databases, and word-processing programs (MS Excel and MS Word preferred);
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and standard techniques as they relate to expenditure control, revenue, collections and financial reporting;
- Experience managing cash including receipting, disbursement and reconciliation/balancing;
- Proven ability to pay attention to detail and good organizational skills;
- Proven research ability/skills;
- Experience working independently (under limited supervision) and capable of managing heavy workloads, often within tight time frames;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience dealing with a wide variety of clients; and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Equivalent combination of related experience and education will be considered.