Temporary Contract Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Edmonton; Calgary; Regina; Saskatoon; Vancouver; Winnipeg Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE. Interested in joining a team that will help you develop and hone your skills, expand your network and be a key member in the growth of a firm? Check out the opportunity below!What will your typical day look like?
As an Accounting Technician you will be responsible for financial record-keeping of all client activities, making journal entries and preparing corporate tax returns, GST, HST, as required. You will also communicate with clients to identify issues, complete bank and other account reconciliations, work with accounting software and provide support to the client, generate financial reports and complete other accounting related duties, as required.About the team
A career in "The Hub" the Deloitte private Centre of Excellence will offer you the opportunity to:
• Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
• Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
• Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
• Work with and service a diverse group of clients in a variety of industry sectors
"The Hub" collaborates with local client delivery teams across the country to carry out tasks required to complete compilation and review engagements and associated tax compliance for small and medium private clients. With clients ranging in size and including some of Canada's top private companies, you will have an opportunity to work with a variety of business sectors including manufacturing, agriculture, retail/service, construction, real-estate, transportation, professional services and others. Engagements will vary from stand-alone companies to large corporate groupsEnough about us, let's talk about you #deloitteA&A
You are someone with :
Our shared values
- 2-5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant post-secondary education and hands-on experience
- Possess very good understanding of accounting principles and tax compliance and possess advanced accounting skills
- Quick learning capacity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional manner and ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by [insert date]
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.