POSITION: Accounting Manager
Responsible for the organization, co-ordination and maintaining of office operations, procedures and the day to day financial/accounting to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency for a local real estate develop firm.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system and funded
- Oversee and process accounts receivable and accounts payable allocation and payment.
- Allocate expenses to individual companies, with follow up as required
- Monthly review of bank activity and perform account reconciliations
- Co-ordinate preparation of yearend financial statements with the company’s accounting firm prepare accruals for following year and year end follow-up including preparation year end summary, corporate minutes, review of AJE’s with bookkeeper; preparation of tax payment schedules
- Responsible for Payroll
- Tax payments – corporate, GST and payroll
- CRA – dealing CRA issues/requests including audits (eg. GST) and yearly financial reporting to bank and associated follow-up; co-ordination of other reporting
- Maintain office budgets and proformas
- Maintain loan accounts
- Oversee revolving loans with banks and monitor letters of credit
- Monthly reporting
- Other financial tasks and oversight as required
- Maintaining corporate records and charts including schematics and spreadsheet of directors, owners, Ids (bank, tax, corp.) etc.
- Annual filing of corporate registration – Canada
- Minutes as required – annual and periodic (e.g. Minutes for GST operators, signing authorities for companies etc.
- Filing and maintenance of corporate minute books including ensuring all loan agreements are current.
- Annual scanning of minute books to electronic storage
- Opening/closing of tax accounts for new/closed companies and set up of access and bank information (with CRA).
- Opening and closing bank accounts as required
- Creating and maintaining company files both financial and project, maintaining files, moving files to storage cases to create space for a new year etc.
- Do annual insurance renewal review
- Prepare annual property assessment review
- Co-ordinate schedules, office meetings and agendas
- Office supply purchase – inventory, ordering, putting away, keeping cupboards organized
Key Competencies and Experience
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines in fast paced dynamic environment
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as well as the preparation of financial statements, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Two years or more related administrative and supervisory experience
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages, including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level. SIMPLY ACCOUNTING is a great
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving
- Work and time management skills
- Initiative and integrity
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible/adaptable
- Working knowledge of email, scheduling, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Maintains confidentiality
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Applicants who do not fit this criteria will not be considered.
We thank all our applicants. However, only those shortlisted will be contacted due to high volume of applicants.
Posted: November 28, 2016
Closes:January 27, 2017