family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh
and Blush Lane
markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it's our great people that make it fun to come to work every day. SPUD.CA
is looking for a full-time, permanent Accounting Manager
based out of our Burnaby, BC
head office (5566 Trapp Avenue, South Burnaby). This role will report into the Controller.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting department, including A/P, A/R, Payroll, Financial Accounting and intercompany transactions.
- Supervise and mentor our dedicated accounting team.
- Oversee the monthly close process, including review of account and credit card reconciliations, accrual entries etc.
- Ensure financial reports are generated accurately in accordance with ASPE and distributed in a timely manner.
- Conduct periodical financial review meetings with operational stakeholders, highlighting areas of concern and providing guidance.
- Review and improve existing processes with regards to efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls, ensuring company assets are safeguarded and accuracy of financial information for audit purposes is supported.
- Provide financial analyses and operational support as it pertains to margin variances and sales analyses and other key operating metrics.
- Along with the Controller, liaising and coordinating the annual audit with the external auditors.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration; preference to candidates with a designation.
- Minimum of 3 years experience supervising Accounting teams, with a proven ability to lead teams effectively, manage performance and provide mentorship.
- Proficiency with MS Office - particularly Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly adaptable to change and work well under pressure.
- Organized, accurate, detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must possess a can-do attitude and willingness to provide hands-on assistance where required.
- Experience in using accounting software or ERP system is an asset
- An annual salary, paid bi-weekly
- 20% discount on SPUD.ca purchases
- Extended Health Care Benefits (effective the first after 90 days)