UNIQUE opportunity for a talented Accounting Manager in Burnaby. This is a hybrid small public practice/industry focused role. This is a special client of ours and has a work from home office with 5 staff offering full cycle bookkeeping up to CFO services for small to mid-size organizations. This is small sized, growing company based in Burnaby South offering both office and work from home. This close-knit team has a strong presence in the local community and are looking to add a tech Savvy and forward-thinking individual to drive their business forward. This opportunity offers great work life balance for the right individual.
Who- The Client:
Our client is very well known to us not only has Swim had the opportunity to work with them on recruiting needs but the client has had the opportunity to strategize our way of business. Having been in business for over 10 years, they have a well-established presence in the local community. This organization has a laid back, work hard/play hard mentality. The clients’ team has awesome personalities so be prepared to laugh with this group of hard working, down to earth personalities!
What- The Opportunity:
Our client is seeking a talented hybrid Accounting Manager to work together with Senior and Junior Accountants feeding off each other as well as offering mentorship to the team. The Corporate Controller will work closely with the CFO. This is a versatile, hands-on yet strategic position that would lend itself well to a driven, forward-thinking individual. Reporting directly to the CFO this role also leads a small team and offers advice on new ways of utilizing technology. The key mandate for this new Accounting Manager is to drive process improvement and best practises while also maintaining the day to day from a finance perspective.
Who- The Candidate:
We are seeking a designated accounting professional with 6+ years of relevant experience that has previously been leading a finance function setting. In addition, we are looking for someone that has demonstrated experience with process improvement, tech savvy and automation.
The Accounting Managers main responsibilities are listed below, but note these can change over time depending on business needs:
- Full Cycle Bookkeeping and small public practice a definite asset
- Support with all reporting, tax preparation and FP&A
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and tax compliance
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions
- Tech Savvy – strong Excel and the ability to work in a cloud environment
- Manage and comply with Municipal, Provincial and Federal government for tax fillings
- Communicate with the team, offer mentorship and add value to the existing business model
- Coordinate with the accounting team and provide guidance and mentoring
- Full Cycle Bookkeeping, having tax preparation both personal and corporate compliance. Previous small/mid public practice a definite asset
South Burnaby. BC and Work from Home.
Generous base salary depending on experience along with a competitive overall compensation package.
When & How To Apply:
This search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume.