We're looking for an Accounting CoOp !
Are you ready for a challenge? Our Accounting team at Drop is looking for a Co-op student who is willing to go all in. Drop’s working environment is fast, dynamic, and a great balance between rewarding and demanding. We don’t just need your skills; we need your effort: lazy need not apply.
Co-op students working for Drop will be exposed to a multitude of different aspects of corporate accounting. Your daily duties as a co-op student will include, but are not limited to the following:
- General Accounting including processing invoices, posting bills, and receiving and posting cheques.
- Monitoring and reconciling accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Monitoring and reconciling inventory and preparing adjustments.
- Preparing month-end reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly and yearly financial statements and other financial reports.
- Preparing financial forecasts, cash flow forecasts, and budgets.
- Documenting and analyzing internal control processes.
- Enter and maintain customer and supplier data.
- Filing and maintaining all records related to standard accounting principles.
Co-op students at Drop get to dive headlong into projects, and take charge of them from start to finish.
Drop Group of companies includes a Manufacturing, Development, Design, Marine, and a Non-Profit division. Our 35,000 square foot facility in South Slocan is fully equipped with the entire gamut of manufacturing equipment and technologies to support its suffocated operations. Our Accounting department is the heart of the origination empowering the team to make the most educated decisions through the numbers and processes available. Accounting is closely integrated will all departments across the company forming a cohesive unit that is optimized for quick decision making.
Comradery is a by-product of this integrated work atmosphere, but also an essential part of Drop’s DNA. Beers by the fire on Friday night, riding on the boss’s boat in the summer time, mountain bike rides, etc. all come with the package. Being a part of the Drop team means being a part of our family.
- 2nd year or higher education in Accounting, Business Administration, or other related discipline preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and prioritization of priorities.
- Excellent understanding of business professionalism and confidentiality.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability, able to work effectively under pressure within a fast-pasted team environment, strong math skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Highly detail oriented with a strong emphasis placed on accuracy to maintain accounting procedures.
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats with internal staff and external clients.
- Team work
- Understanding of where the Kootenays and Nelson is!
- Life experience is an asset (got any cool stories?)
Your cover letter and resume will not be considered if they do not make us laugh. Tell us about that time you ________________!
Qualified candidates with cool stories will be contacted immediately.
#43 - Fujitsu - The Benefits of Reverse Mentoring
About Drop Manufacturing
Drop is a high end manufacturing company located in the Kootenay's with a complete array of CNC manufacturing equipment in a state of the art manufacturing facility and office space. We manufac...Read More