December 4, 2022
Teck is looking for an Accounting Clerk to join our team at our Trail Operations, one of the world's largest fully integrated zinc and lead smelting and refining complexes.
Reporting to the Accountant, the Accounting Clerk, Raw Materials is accountable for the tracking and accounting of raw materials received at Trail Operations as per the purchase agreement and contract terms. In addition, the Accounting Clerk is to use Trail Operations electronic systems to compare supplier invoices to contract terms and prepare documentation required for invoice approval, and to reconcile accounts.
This role is in the welcoming community of Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Ensure material receipts forecasts entered into Raw Materials Management System (RMMS) are accurate based on information provided by the suppliers on tonnage, estimated receipt date, and contractual terms
- Provide documentation to and liaise with suppliers and their representatives, umpire firms, and other Teck offices for the administration of Raw Material contracts
- Utilize RMMS to administer Raw Material contracts
- Analyze and reconcile Raw Materials financial information
- Coordinate activities and information with Receiving and Sampling, Customs and Traffic
- Prepare monthly and year-to-date reports
- Generate and enter a variety of accounting transactions in JD Edwards
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets in support of RMMS
- Diploma in Business Administration is required
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required
- Minimum of 2 years of previous accounting experience is strongly preferred
- A working knowledge of raw materials' processes and proficiency in Word and Outlook preferred
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt to changing and conflicting work demands is essential
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Accounting, Social Media, Clerical, Mining, Finance, Marketing, Administrative
Construction, Mining and Trades