On behalf of our client, Biomaxx Environmental we are searching for an Accounting Clerk to join their team. Biomaxx Environmental has been providing high quality products to their customers across Canada and the U.S. for over thirteen years. Biomaxx is a proud Canadian company revolutionizing the wastewater industry from coast to coast with innovative solutions for all types of wastewater challenges. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join an organization during their growth and add immediate value.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Accounting Clerk will assist in financial as well as general administrative tasks. With a high level of accuracy and efficiency the Accounting Clerk will perform accounting and clerical functions to support operations. The ideal candidate will thrive in a small office and enjoys the variety and autonomy where no job is too big or too small.
- Assist in the day to day accounting & financial statement function
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Managing remittances i.e. GST, PST, WCB, Payroll (3-5 employees)
- Processing expenses
- Maintain vendors’ monthly statements and work closely with vendors for payments and documentation
- Manage credit card transactions and monthly statement reconciliations
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized Simply Accounting system
- Processes accounts receivable in a high-volume environment including bank deposits, soft collections, invoicing, credit notes, quick pay discounts and month end statements
- Processes accounts payable in a high-volume environment including bi-weekly cheque runs, reconciling supplier month end statements and following up with suppliers for missed invoices
- Manages an internal payroll process and benefits administration
- Conduct clerical duties, including filing, scanning, faxing, responding to emails and preparing documents
- Assist with mail and courier shipment preparation, marketing, etc.
- Works closely with the team to provide a high-quality customer service for inquiries
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-3 years in an accounting role
- Possess an Accounting Certificate/Diploma or equivalent experience
- Highly detailed and well organized
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and customers to maximize performance, problem solving and results
- Must have excellent follow up and tracking skills as well as the ability to multitask
- Skilled in Sage 50 considered an asset
- Solid understanding of Revenue and Expense accounts
- Proficient in Microsoft products, primarily Excel
- Enjoys a busy and fast paced entrepreneurial environment, and knows how to add value to the organization
- Maintains confidentiality
- Must be reliable and possess the ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This role will also appeal to a resourceful individual who enjoys autonomy and can confidently take charge and assist with process improvement.
If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org" target="_blank">email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.