Our client, a global leader in high precision manufacturing is seeking a Senior Accountant. You will be responsible for the full range of accounting cycle duties and requirements. The successful candidate will be hands on and detail-oriented, with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for taking on challenges in an ever-changing environment. You must have a passion for a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, administrative, and analytical work, including: A/P, financial reporting and analysis, account reconciliation, financial statement preparation, bank reconciliations, and GL maintenance.
This position is responsible for preparing financial records, detecting errors & discrepancies in the accounting records, and recommending improvements in internal controls.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain monthly and year-end financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Review, edit and post the month-end entries prepared from subsystems including sub-ledger entries and accruals information to the general ledger
- Assist with budgeting and variance analysis
- Prepare and record adjustments as required including cost accruals, deferrals, etc.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the external auditors
- Reconcile, report and remit to statutory compliance, government reporting, grant claims
- Provide support services to operations for day-to-day accounting, accounts payable, financial reporting, asset tracking, and revenue systems
- Train staff on procedures related to general accounting
- Ensure appropriate systems and controls are implemented and maintained
- Make recommendations to encourage continuous improvement of financial performance
- Implement relevant policies within the business
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Degree in Accounting/Finance, or related field
- CPA designation, or working toward
- At least 3 years’ experience in full cycle accounting
- Previous experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment is considered an asset
- Ability to use MS Office Applications, with advanced knowledge of Excel
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail required
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize workloads in order to meet established deadlines
- Proven ability to work both as a team player and independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to understand complex accounting data
- Proficient in written and spoken English. French is considered an asset.
This thriving company has been in business for over half a decade. They are a strong advocate for continous personal and profressional growth. In addition, they offer a competitive remuneration package as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidate for their application.
Accounting Manufacturing and Production Management and Executive