Who- the Company: Our client is a privately-owned professional accounting services firm, with offices in Canada and the US, that provides service to funds and trusts. They have a tight-knit and high-performing team, and are steadily growing and earning new clients across North America.
Where: Vancouver, BC in a bright and inviting open-space office with great views. Very convenient location in the heart of Downtown.
What- the Role: We are seeking a new Fund Accountant who will provide accounting services for large, complex, and high-profile clients and will have the opportunity to contribute to the firm’s continued growth and success in Canada and beyond. Please note our client is open to hiring someone at Senior Fund Accountant level if they are designated and already have relevant work experience in fund accounting. Fund Accounting work experience is not a requirement for this role, though- we are looking for accountants who can work at a fast-pace and who are looking for a challenging role with variety and a great team!
What- the Responsibilities:
- Act as a key client contact providing efficient and professional communication
- Prepare and provide accurate net asset value calculations
- Record and reconcile investment trading activity
- Prepare and review security positions and cash reconciliations
- Preparing price portfolios (derivatives, stocks, and bonds) in accordance with funds’ offering documents
- Ensure fund income and expenses, including management and performance fees, are accrued.
- Process investor-related transactions (subscriptions, redemptions)
- Prepare and review financial statements
- Resolving daily trade breaks
- Coordinate year-end audit and tax reporting with client and auditors
- Occasional internal project management, in such areas as system upgrades/implementations, internal controls, and business process improvements
Who- the Candidate: We are seeking business-savvy accountants with a big picture outlook who are still able to be hands-on and day-to-day operationally-minded.
- At least 2 years recent and relevant accounting experience.
- Working toward a professional designation such as CPA.
- Work experience in fund administration, fund accounting, and/or fund operations is preferred but not required.
- Client management experience is strongly preferred, given the high level of client interaction involved in this role and the firm’s heavy emphasis on best-in-class customer service and customer satisfaction. If no direct client management experience has yet been gained, we’re looking for people who demonstrate natural abilities in this area.
- A variety of qualifications are sought after for this position, including top-notch skills in communication, organization, time management, creative thinking, and professionalism. Grace under pressure is also crucial, and the ability to effectively manage the expectations and time of the client(s), the firm’s managing partners, and the fund accountants.
- Personality attributes are of course a key factor for a tight-knit professional services company like this, where their success really does lie in their people. Swim Recruiting will be assessing candidates to find the best possible match to the firm’s corporate culture and team environment.
- Interest in taking on ad hoc projects (business processes, systems, internal controls, etc.) is an asset.
How Much: Base salary, commensurate with level of experience and skills. This company also provides a bonus based on company and individual performance. The company is a big believer in professional development, and will cover and support CPA courses and studies. This firm provides better work/life balance than most competing professional services and public practice firms. Please discuss compensation in more detail with Swim.
When & How to Apply: Swim Recruiting is currently engaged on this important search. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume at your earliest opportunity.
Posted: December 15, 2017
Closes:February 13, 2018