Diverse and well-rounded Accountant role with a growing and exciting biotechnology company headquartered right here in the lower mainland. Right-hand to the CFO!
Who- the Company:
Our client is a quickly growing biotechnology company headquartered in Greater Vancouver that is developing vaccines for various life threatening diseases (including COVID-19). The organization has impressive leadership and a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture. It is an exciting time to join the organization and they’ve recently received significant funding.
What- the Role:
Our client, the CFO at this company, is seeking a “right-hand” Accountant who will take on a variety of tasks in diverse areas of accounting & finance. For example, the Accountant will take part in budgeting, preparing Board packages, preparing financial statements, processing accounts payable, conducting ad hoc financial analysis, etc. Additionally, the Accountant will support with occasional administrative tasks, given this company has a small team with a “we’re all in this together” approach to the work. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves variety and wearing many hats! The company is getting ready to implement a new accounting software, and the Accountant will help with that system project. This opportunity is Contract-to-Permanent- the intent is to hire someone first as a term contractor, and once it’s established it’s a great match on both sides, there is a permanent headcount open that the contractor can be easily converted to.
Who- the Candidate:
- We are seeking a well-rounded accountant who is hands-on but who can also see the big picture.
- Qualified candidates for this role will be quick learners with an upbeat attitude and a willingness to help in a variety of areas.
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
- CPA designation is preferred but not required, and the CFO can help mentor a CPA student.
- Candidates will have at least 5 years recent and relevant work experience.
- Exposure to a financial system implementation project is an asset, as is experience working in biotech.
- If the Accountant has previously worked with SRED claims, that would be a big bonus!
Working full-time out of the corporate office in Greater Vancouver. There is free employee parking. The company is of course following careful Covid-19 physical distancing protocols.
While a contract, this role will pay a fair hourly rate commensurate with experience- please discuss with Swim. If/when this converts to permanent employment, the Accountant will receive benefits, Professional Development support, and other perks.
When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this fantastic Accountant opportunity, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible as this search is moving very quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume.