Can you effectively position the ROI of technology investments to senior executives in medium and large sized organizations?
At TELUS, we're looking for accomplished sales professionals who are obsessed with exceeding customer expectations and surpassing revenue targets. As part of the Business Solutions Sales team, you represent the TELUS brand, values & promise.
We are not
your standard (traditional ) sales organization. We are passionately curious about our customers' businesses and the drivers that keep owners and executives focused on their key priorities and partner with them on all-important journeys together.
It's a challenging, consultative role, with equal parts of autonomy and collaboration. Sales is a contact sport and we provide the best coaches, strategy, training, resources, support and inspiration. We also have a ton of fun and celebrate individual and collective team success.
Here's what we believe -
• We are ONE team - team selling is the norm and we celebrate each other's wins Why YOU will love this opportunity:
• We challenge the status quo - and when others think we're great, we strive to be excellent
• We live up to our commitments - to ourselves, our friends, family, peers, leaders, customers and we strive to make a real difference in the communities where we work and live.
• Our success is all about how we do things - how we think, solve problems, deliver, communicate, and more
What YOU will do:
Account Managers at TELUS own customer relationships and account strategies. You will champion TELUS inside of customer organizations and advocate for the customer inside of TELUS. As Account Manager, you will quarterback an interdependent account team of inside sales, specialty sales and technical pre-sales and draw in executive leaders as required. You'll leverage the broad capabilities of TELUS - from connectivity and network backbone, to managed services, security solutions, unified communication, IoT and mobility - and various subject matter experts in the internal environment and partner community. You will have individual targets for both wireline and wireless products & services, with uncapped earning potential.
Here's how YOU will be successful:
• Manage and continue to develop a dedicated territory of accounts with the intention to grow/maintain revenue and growth opportunities in existing corporate customers
• Prepare professional proposals targeted to the key decision makers (usually the C-Suite) in the customer's terminology, that clearly communicate the TELUS solution and value proposition to the customers' business problem, negotiating contracts, initiating orders and pursuing everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
• Initiate post sales activities to ensure services sold are providing ongoing customer benefits; provide additional training to new customers as required
• Compile and report statistics on present and previous wireline/wireless requirements; providing feedback to marketing and sales regarding problems, public opinion, policy matters and / or competitor challenges
Account Managers have the autonomy and the unlimited opportunity of a business owner. You own your calendar and your account strategies and leverage an extended team, dedicated and incented to ensuring your success.
In parallel with your personal and team accomplishments is making a true difference in the lives and successes of the customers you serve. The impact you will make in the midmarket is significant.
Perhaps most important of all, you get to work alongside and mentor with some of the best sales leaders in the industry. They share your passion to win in the market and have a vested interest in helping drive your career. Qualifications:YOU are the missing piece of the puzzle:
You are likely in a similar role, today, with 5 or so years' experience in a face to face sales environment, applying formal sales methodologies. You have knowledge of the wireline and wireless marketplace, or experience in similar complex solution environments. You are an experienced forecaster, linking account plans to both customer and TELUS strategic drivers. You have knowledge of or experience with most of the items below:
• Business and technical acumen - demonstrated ability to identify and articulate financially sound TELUS solutions to customer's business problems through understanding the technologies, products, services and resources
• Strong sensitivity to customer needs and situations, analytical ability in discerning priority and non-priority issues, making decisions from a number of alternatives based on logic and fact, and capable of using persuasiveness in negotiating mutually satisfactory resolutions
• Proven ability to create corporate relationships between TELUS and our customers that are characterized by mutual trust and respect for the TELUS value proposition
• Must possess a valid driver's license and be willing to travel as required. Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: September 14, 2018
Closes: November 13, 2018