Salary, Full Time City:
Vancouver, BC. Divsion/Department:
Sales and Marketing, Specialty Product Sales Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it's a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy-so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We're especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do. POSITION SUMMARY
The Account Executive, Specialty Sales will be responsible for fulfilling the required sales functions and executing sales strategies for assigned market areas for Canfor. Daily dialogue and order management, as well as active promotion of Canfor's products, the Account Executive will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure key objectives and sales targets are met. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales targets with key strategic customers
- Responsive to customers' needs with diligent follow through in all aspects of communication
- Maintain and optimize customer order file
- Respond to email and phone inquiries
- Initiate direct contact as required
- Provide information on the features and benefits of our grades and species
- Gather and maintain accurate market intelligence information
- Actively communicates customer/market demand amongst the sales team
- Assisting in sales forecasting for Specialties and Offshore Sales group
- Participate in weekly production meetings to discuss, specialty product runs, demand forecasting and supply issues.
- Work with sales team on 5 quarter forecasting, develop pricing and sales volumes for key accounts.
- Active participation in sales meetings, trade shows and special projects as required
- Host customer mill visits
Approximately 50 - 100 MMfbm. REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION Education & Experience
Skills and Abilities
- 1-3 years sales & marketing work or related experience
- Bachelor's Degree/diploma in Wood Products, Sales and Marketing, or a related field
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Prioritization skills and responsiveness to sales team needs
- Demonstrated ability to execute results against strategy and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn new systems
- Detailed understanding of wood products manufacturing and construction lumber
- Self-motivation and ability to undertake new challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong work ethic
The work involves regular customer communication primarily through email as well as phone. Work schedule involves early morning hours to match with customer time zones. On occasion work hours can be irregular and subject to interruption, often to respond to urgent issues and tight deadlines.
Up to 10% travel may be involved. Canfor retains the right to change elements of, or assign other duties for this position as necessary.Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada's mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver Job Segment:
Social Media, Supply, Sustainability, Marketing, Operations, Energy