TELUS is looking for customer focused individuals to join our Customer Solutions Delivery (CSD) team. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is excited about technology, have a commitment to unparalleled customer service excellence and want to start their career our Castlegar, BC office!
The CSD team is responsible for the provisioning and support of enhanced products related to the Future Friendly Home (e.g. home networking, phone, high speed internet, Optik TV, etc.). As an Access Technician, your key purpose in this role will be to provision and maintain our outside plant facilities. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: Technical
Install, diagnose, and maintain copper and fiber cabling and associated components such as digital loop carrier systems.
Installation and maintenance of cable pressure systems.
Perform cable acceptance functions as required. Communication
Explain/discuss details regarding progress, issues, applicable charges and promote products and services. Administration
Provide and update details on the work completed.
Prepare time and expense reports.
Monitor, inspect and complete reports on work performed by contractors
Liaise with internal and external crews and companies to facilitate work plans. What's in it for you?
Rewards of starting your career with TELUS include an hourly wage starting from $21.92, annual bonuses and sales incentives. We also offer best-in-class training to start, employee share purchase plan, service discounts and many more benefits! You will have the opportunity to build a long term career with a leading-edge team that strongly believes in giving back to the communities in which we work, live and serve. Finally, a career you'll love. Qualifications:QUALIFICATIONS:
• Regular scheduled out of town work will be required Who is TELUS?
• Must have mechanical ability.
• Must have analytical ability.
• Must have the ability to do fine, precise work with their hands.
• Must have a Valid Class 5 Driver's License.
• Ability to be trained for Class 1 or 3 Drivers License with airbrakes
• Must be willing and able to work aloft.
• Must be willing to work in any weather conditions.
• Must be willing and able to work on bridges, towers or other fixtures at a height of 20 meters or more above the ground or water level
• Must be willing and able to work in confined spaces.
• Demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
• Must be able to operate hand and power tools, and test equipment.
• Must be able to understand and effectively perform work in accordance with published work plans.
• Normal colour vision to work with colour-coded wiring.
• Must be willing and able to work in locations that preclude your ability to return home, on an as required basis.
• Ability to manage a physically demanding workload.
• Must be willing to travel in small aircraft, aerial tramways, helicopters etc
• Must be willing to travel and/or operate snow cats
• Ability to travel outside of Canada as required
• Must follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations.
• Must be willing and able to work various shifts as assigned (such as evenings, weekends and statutory holidays), based on business needs.
• Must be willing to work in cross-functional areas such as network, access and service.
• Must possess Personal Computer navigational skills.
• Demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills.
• Fluent in English.
• Self-motivated, works well with minimal or no direct supervision.
• Ability to effectively handle both favourable and unfavourable customer interactions.
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments.
• Maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines.
• Commit to continuous learning. Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply learned skills to related situations and complete and pass all related exams.
• Must meet applicable testing requirements.
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: November 18, 2017
Closes:December 18, 2017