Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Access Road & Lower Camp Supervisor to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
Located approximately 65 kilometers from Stewart, you will report to the Knipple Operations Superintendents or designate, and work a rotating schedule encompassing 13 days on, 12 days off, plus 2 days of travel. This position is located at Pretivm's Exploration Inc.'s Knipple camp.
The Access Road & Lower Camp Supervisor's primary responsibility is to supervise daily access road operational activities, teams and crews to ensure the Brucejack Mine site and surrounding areas are adequately maintained to provide year round operations. This position also takes a lead role supporting construction/contractors while assisting the Shipper/Receivers with logistical coordination of materials, equipment and supplies at Knipple camp in a safe and effective manner.
Key duties include:
Oversees road maintenance, on site civil construction and daily waste deposition.Supervises and coordinates activities of workers and contractors engaged in operating equipment to move personnel, machinery, and supplies in and around the mine site.
Consults and collaborates with relevant personnel to establish daily work schedule.
Provides general direction to surface operations personnel to ensure mine site is well maintained for safe year round operation.
Collaborates, coordinates and oversees planning and scheduling of trades and site services personnel while providing support to the underground operations as required.
Completes accurate daily, weekly and monthly activity reports as required.
Maintains a daily activity log to communicate work in progress for cross-shift.
Works closely with contractors to provide support as needed.
Conducts daily safety meetings along with weekly presentations.
Participates in any site specific training.
Provides guidance to employees on work related matters to ensure tasks are clearly understood.
Undertakes performance evaluation of assigned staff by establishing and monitoring performance parameters while addressing any identified deficiencies.
Addresses employee issues through consultation with Knipple Operations Superintendent and Human Resources Department.
Fosters a positive team environment.
Develops and generates Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) where required.
Other related duties as required.
Promote a professional team with respect to other departments.
Respect and enforce all Pretivm rules and policy’s.
- Civil construction combined with five (5) years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in a remote underground mining operation.
- Experience working with and directing heavy equipment is necessary.
- Ability to read and direct from engineered drawings.
- Experience and knowledge of off highway road maintenance and construction is also required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced computer software skills (ie. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong demonstrated supervisory, communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Time management and decision making skills.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- TDG – transportation of dangerous goods.
- Valid driver licence, minimum class 5.
- Level 2 First Aid ticket an asset.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on, 13 days off rotation, 2 travel days schedule.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!
Construction, Mining and Trades