Within the context of the Information Management/Information Systems (IMIS) shared services initiative between Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC), this position is responsible to process security access request forms to create passwords for user accounts as well a perform a variety of clerical support duties. Receives/reviews access forms for accuracy and completeness and enters information to initiate access according to the appropriate security code class requirements. Processes registrants for scheduled training sessions. Types a variety of technical and non-technical materials. Maintains statistics and other departmental information. Arranges meetings and/or appointments. Performs timekeeping functions. Acts as a receptionist; answers telephone, obtains information and redirects takes/relays messages. Receives incoming mail and deliveries. Maintains petty cash and accounts payable records. Processes a variety of requisitions for stationery and printing supplies.
1. Processes security access request forms to create passwords for user accounts; receives/reviews forms for accuracy and completeness and enters information to initiate access according to the appropriate security code class requirements specified and in accordance with established procedures. Identifies discrepancies and contacts managers or other to resolve and/or initiates corrective action. Contacts IMIS Systems Analysts and/or System Administrators to initiate new or revised security classes as required.
2. Processes registrants for scheduled training sessions; receives completed forms, assigns training sessions by order of preference, confirms registration information, prints list of class attendees and reconciles with training packets and security passwords and distributes training schedules accordingly. Ensures training rooms have all required forms and equipment
3. Types a variety of technical and non-technical materials such as correspondence, memos, reports, forms, brochures, agendas, minutes, program materials and spreadsheets using word-processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, and presentation graphics software packages.
4. Maintains statistics and other departmental information; checks and enters data into a computer database or spreadsheet, generates a variety of statistical reports and prepares standardized summary reports, selects and compiles data, makes arithmetic calculations, edits data and distributes accordingly.
5. Arranges meetings and/or appointments as directed; receives information, books appointments and meeting rooms, notifies applicable parties, arranges equipment and/or catering, types and distributes agendas and minutes.
6. Maintains documentation (project charters, data analysis, reports, training documents, meeting agendas, minutes, project work plans and schedules); receives updated material for filing, circulates to staff for review and/or file. Photocopies, faxes and distributes material.
7. Performs timekeeping functions; gathers hours worked, verifies, applies time codes and transfers onto timesheets and accurately enters into computer system for processing by payroll. Checks audit/errors reports; identifies and corrects discrepancies or refers to others. Liaises with payroll and other timekeepers on related issues.
8. Acts as a receptionist; answers telephone, obtains information and redirects takes/relays messages, pages team members, greats and redirects visitors to appropriate personnel, responds routine enquiries and/or refers to others.
9. Receives incoming mail and deliveries; opens, date stamps and distributes accordingly. Photocopies, faxes and distributes material such as reports by receiving items for duplication and operating photocopying or facsimile machine as required.
10. Maintains petty cash and accounts payable records; collects and totals receipts and invoices, checks submitted expenses for approval according to established guidelines, records and distributes disbursements and submits receipts to appropriate parties for processing.
11. Processes a variety of requisitions for stationery and printing supplies; identifies depleting office items and training materials, completes standard forms and forwards for authorization, sends to appropriate department for ordering, receives supplies and verifies correct items and stores materials.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Grade 12 and two years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
• Ability to type 50 words per minute.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment. Labor Agreement Facilities Subsector Requisition # 093336E-2338985 Work Site 1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby Job Type Regular, Full-Time Salary/Rate $23.78 / Hour FTE 1.00 Hours of Work 0830 - 1630 Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Expiry Date 28-Apr-2020