Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
Canfor’s footprint on the landscape in British Columbia brings it into contact with more Aboriginal peoples than any other licensee in the province, possibly more contact than any other resource company in BC Canfor aims to build mutually beneficial relationships with the Aboriginal groups over whose traditional territories our operations overlap, and created the Aboriginal Internship Program to encourage Aboriginal peoples to consider Canfor in pursuing a rewarding career.
Upon completion of this internship, the Aboriginal intern will have increased knowledge of the forest industry and organizational processes. The Aboriginal intern will also acquire new professional skills including; writing, research, presentation and engagement strategies, and a rewarding sense of achievement for completing the program. This will potentially provide further employment opportunities in the forest industry. The internship will also work as a vehicle to provide clarity on the direction of future educational and professional endeavors.
This is a 6 month, temporary position.Core Responsibilities
- Research and data collection
- Assist in interpreting, synthesizing and analyzing data
- Assist in the development of data collection tools
- Provide administrative and departmental support
- Assist in communications and engagement
- Contribute to program development and delivery
- Assist in policy development and analysis
- Assist in project development and management
Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
- Well organized, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Solid interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze data, synthesize and provide recommendations
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to exercise judgement and sensitivity in complex and politically sensitive issues
- Willingness to learn about Canfor’s processes and policies
- Strong work ethic
Grand, green and clean, Vancouver is a piece of perfect on the southern coast of British Columbia. The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, peppered with beaches, green spaces and glimmering glass towers that reach from sea to sky. Vancouver has one of Canada’s mildest climates, allowing days to be devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Once night falls on the city however, a very different scene pulses to life with options for laughter or libation, cuisine or culture, and action or entertainment. Vancouver boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine, a flourishing cocktail scene and an inventory of arts and entertainment events.
For more information on the area go to http://vancouver.ca/