Do you love to explore a great story through expressive character movement? Have a remarkable grasp of weight, timing, lip sync and posting? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are searching for talented 3D Character Animators
to join our growing Kelowna studio team. Under the direction of the Lead Animator/Director, you will conceptualize, create and execute quality animation sequences through an impressive proficiency with digital tools in a collaborative team setting.What you will be doing:
What you bring to the table:
- Demonstrate a broad range of 3D Animation proficiencies in creating the overall look, attitude and style of the character animation in conjunction with the show's established style and technical requirements
- Work collaboratively to meet production objectives, deadlines and quotas, ensuring open communication with other managers and team members
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- Mentor entry-level artists by providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
- Possess a solid working knowledge of CG animation technologies and necessary production environments and tools
- TV / Film production experience a must
- Proficiency in Maya, Flash and/or Harmony
Why work at Bardel?
- Background in traditional hand-drawn animation, visual arts and life drawing with a solid grasp of movement and form
- Experience with acting, live action or staging
- Advanced technical computer animation knowledge such as dynamics, scripting and tools
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!Working in Kelowna
Only 240 miles east of Vancouver, Kelowna is the largest city in the Okanagan Valley. With a mix of creative companies along with a slew of high-tech start-ups, Kelowna is fast becoming known as the "Silicon Valley of the North".
Located on beautiful Okanagan Lake, Kelowna offers countless outdoor activities including mountain biking, water sports, golf, skiing and snowboarding. The vibrant downtown core is abundant with unique shops, cafes, patios, galleries, and music festivals. Top it all off with sandy beaches, mountain ranges, orchards and vineyards, and affordable living we like to think of Kelowna as a veritable paradise.What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position's criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel - don't hesitate to show off a little!). How to Apply
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
Posted: September 25, 2016
Closes:November 24, 2016