We are actively searching for a Senior Site Superintendent to work in Victoria/Vancouver area with extensive experience in commercial and institutional work.
- As a member of the Project Site Team, your duties include being in charge of all on-site construction activities on a daily basis.
- Take the lead on productivity and site control and management issues and monitor work performance and efficiency of employees and subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Contribute to the development of a construction plan, schedule and to manage subcontractor activities.
- Assure construction compliance with design requirements.
- Supervise and coordinate field engineering and construction activities.
- Practice sound selection and hiring procedures.
- Assure compliance with project construction schedule budgets and assume responsibility for the commissioning of project systems.
- Ensure project materials and workmanship meet the project Quality Standards.
- Ensure the implementation of Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite and adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements.
- Document and report all injuries, fill out Notice of Injury/Accident Report.
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by superiors or as required for successful project completion
- Work with, assist and follow directions of Project Manager
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Educational and experience requirements include a four year construction related degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Ability to lead and evaluate trade performance is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, quality control, engineering drawings and other documents.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Ability to multi-task and control multiple activities on site occurring simultaneously
We thank all applicants for submitting their resume. Should this specific position not match will your qualifications or experience, please send your resume to E-mail Address and we would be pleased to consider your background for future opportunities. Please view our website regularly at www.chorius.com to learn more.