Design Engineer/Project Engineer/Land Development: Harvey 1454
We have an opportunity for an experienced design/project engineer to join our company. With several years of progressive experience in the land development sector, you will have demonstrated capabilities in the design of all aspects of municipal infrastructure, estimating and tender preparation. Working within a fully integrated computer system with planners and surveyors, you will be a competent AutoCAD user capable of working with complex digital files involving multiple professional disciplines. Candidates with experience in contract administration and have local experience in obtaining related municipal approvals would be preferred.
Ideal candidate should have as many of the following attributes as possible:
· P.Eng (civil) – with several years of recent Canadian experience in this business sector.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language.
· Prior experience working for a consulting engineering company in the land development business sector.
· Prior experience working in a large metropolitan area (preferably the Fraser Valley).
· Take professional responsibility for design drawings prepared by technical support staff.
· Have a thorough knowledge of design and construction procedures related the provision of municipal infrastructure for residential, commercial and/or industrial land development projects.
· Have a thorough knowledge and experience in the application of municipal engineering design criteria to the design of roadworks, stormwater management systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, and water distribution systems.
· Have a thorough knowledge and experience in the application of civil engineering design criteria in accordance with related sections of the BC Building Code.
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and other software applications associated with modelling and system analysis associated with this professional sector.
· Have a strong understanding of the municipal planning requirements associated with various residential and commercial land development initiatives.
· Have demonstrated experience co-ordinating and liaising with architects, landscape architects, structural engineers, mechanical engineers, street lighting designers, surveyors, and other related professionals normally part of the land development project team.
· Have demonstrated experience in managing the design approval process for land development projects through various departments of City Hall at various Canadian jurisdictions.
· Have a thorough knowledge of the preparation of tender bid documents (using CCDC format), bid estimating, and contract administration (on behalf of the Owner) throughout the duration of the construction period.
· Interpersonal skills should include:
o Ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner in a business environment
o Demonstrated skills in diplomacy
o Ability to provide direction and leadership
o Demonstrated ability to listen and provide guidance
This is a fulltime position.
Salary is open depending on experience.Contact:
Email: E-mail Address