Truck Equipment Shop Foreman: Harvey 1443
The purpose of this position description is to describe the responsibilities and accountabilities of the position of Truck Equipment Shop Foreman.
The Shop Foreman derives authority from, and is directly accountable to the Service Manager.
The Shop Foreman develops and maintains a professional relationship with the following:
Branch Manager Service Personnel
Outside Sales Personnel Inside Sales Coordinator
Indoor Sales Personnel Branch Administration employees
Service Coordinator Persons in Warehouse
Develops and maintains a professional relationship with persons external to our company which includes but is not limited to customers, suppliers, contracted companies, etc.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
Service Technician duties.
Front Line Customer Service.
Other related Duties.
· Assists Service Manager in scheduling technicians to work orders
in order to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
· Discusses detailed work orders and work order allocation with
the Service Manager on a daily basis.
· Ensures technicians do not commence work unless a JOS is started.
· Individually discusses work orders with service technicians with
regard to how to proceed, technical assistance, safety and
· Monitors work orders/technicians regularly throughout the day to
ensure the work order is proceeding as stated and to provide
· Provides direction and / or solutions to service technicians as
required. Follows through on technical problems; problem-solves
with technicians and customers. Ensures all staff and customer
concerns are resolved in a timely manner.
· Closely monitors the work of apprentices.
· Ensures service technicians are being productive and are meeting
· Ensures shop personnel are using their time effectively.
· Ensures labour overruns do not occur.
· If a labour overrun occurs, ensures paperwork is completed to
document, justify and authorize the overrun.
· Ensures service technicians are accurately recording parts,
materials and labour expended on all work orders on a daily
· Ensures work orders are completed on time, within budget, and in
accordance with company’s high workmanship standards.
· Ensures Service Manager and Service Coordinator are updated if
changes/alterations are required.
· Ensures service technicians do not commence the work without an
authorized change order.
· Ensures Quality Control checks are completed for each work order:
§ Performs “Final Checks” on all work orders.
§ Signs off the “Final Checks”.
§ Ensures adherence to legislation on all service matters.
§ Ensures National Safety Mark/Completed Vehicle decals/CVIP
· Develops cooperation with Outside Sales Personnel, Inside Sales
Coordinator, etc. so as to profitably meet customer needs.
· Provides technical expertise to telephone customers.
· Ensures all customer communications are documented and kept with
the work order.
Performs the duties of a Service Technician as detailed in the Service
Technician work description:
Front-Line Customer Service:
· Ensures availability to meet with walk-in customers.
· With the customer and Service Coordinator, determines what parts
and labour are required to complete a repair.
· Provides technical expertise to customer and Service Coordinator.
· Provides parts and work estimates to Service Manager for
· Recommends to customers the purchase of a new product when it is
not economical to repair a part.
· Monitors adherence to legislated requirements and adherence to
the Employer’s obligations.
· Promotes health and safety in the workplace.
· Ensures all accidents are documented immediately.
· Ensures shop personnel do not use equipment that is deemed to be
· Visually inspects shop equipment to ensure the equipment is in
safe, effective working order.
· Ensures work areas are organized, clean and hazard free. Directs
service department staff to perform housekeeping duties when
· Identifies when training/retraining on equipment is necessary
and advises the Service Manager.
· Trains service technicians on the proper use of shop equipment
· On workmanship issues, investigates, gathers pertinent
information including historical data, evaluates the cost of the
repair(s) and provides a recommendation to the Service Manager.
· Prepares reports as required or as requested, to monitor
company’s shop operations to ensure that we are meeting or
· Inputs into the Annual Performance Reviews on all Service
Personnel, when requested.
· Participates as an active member of the Service Team.
· Ensures adherence to company’s policies and procedures,
including but not limited to the Robbed Part Policy.
· Addresses issues, which come to his/her attention promptly, and
keeps the Service Manager apprized of the situation(s). Quick
intervention is expected when addressing customer concerns or
when conflict situations arise in the workplace.
· Ensures that company’s corporate image and culture are
maintained within the Service Department. The Shop Foreman will
lead by example and ensure a professional businesslike approach
is maintained at all times.
Assumes other related duties assigned by the Service Manager.
The Shop Foreman is an integral member of the Service Team.
This is a full-time position.
Salary is open depending on experience.Contact:
Email: E-mail Address